Tyco Marine 601P-M Optical Smoke Detector
601P-M detectors are capable of detecting the visible smoke produced by materials which smoulder or burn slowly, i.e. soft furnishings, plastic foam etc; or "smoke" produced by overheated but unburnt PVC. These detectors are particularly suitable for general applications and areas where cable overheating may occur, e.g. electrical services areas.
Optical only detectors are not suitable for detecting fast burning fires producing little visible smoke or very black smoke. The novel design of the asymmetrical sampling chamber and signal processing techniques stop unwanted alarms caused by very small insects, i.e. thrips. Smoke entering the sampling chamber scatters the infra-red light pulses onto a photodiode.
- Approved by all major classification societies for use on vessels
- EN54 Approved from LPCB
- Low operational voltage: 10.5 Vdc to 33 Vdc
- Aesthetically discreet
- Superior performance and reliability
- Designed for rapid installation
- Wiring polarity independent