Edwards EST SIGA-PD Intelligent Photoelectric Smoke Detector
The Signature Series SIGA-PD optical smoke detector brings advanced sensing technology to a practical design that increases efficiency, saves installation time, cuts costs, and extends life safety and property protection capabilities. Continuous self-diagnostics ensure reliability over the long-haul, while environmental compensation helps reduce maintenance costs. Like all Signature Series detectors, the SIGA-PD is an intelligent device that gathers analogue information from its optical sensor, converting this data into digital signals. To make an alarm decision, the detector’s on-board microprocessor measures and analyzes
sensor readings and compares this information to historical data. Digital filters remove signal patterns that are not typical of fires, thus virtually eliminating unwanted alarms.
Note: Some features described here may not be supported by all control systems. Check your control panel’s Installation and Operation Guide for details.
- Next-Generation Optical Smoke Sensing Technology
- Wide 0.53 to 3.94 %/ft. (1.7 to 12.35 %/m) smoke obscuration
- Uses Existing Wiring
- Automatic Device Mapping
- Up To 250 Total Signature Addresses Per Loop
- Two Levels of Environmental Compensation
- Two Levels of Dirty Detector Warning
- Twenty Pre-Alarm Settings
- Five Sensitivity Settings
- Non-Volatile Memory
- Electronic Addressing
- Identification of Dirty or Defective Detectors
- Automatic Day/Night Sensitivity Adjustment
- Bicolor (Green/Red) Status Led
- Standard, Relay, Fault Isolator, and Audible Mounting Bases
- Sensor Markings Provide Easy Testing Identification
The SIGA-PD detects extremely small particles of combustion and triggers an alarm at the first sign of smoke. Thanks to its high-performance forward-scattering reflective response technology, the photoelectric smoke sensor responds quickly and reliably to a wide range of fire types, especially slow-burning fires fuelled by combustibles typically found in modern multi-use buildings.
The SIGA-PD detector is compatible only with the Signature Loop Controller.
Signature Series detectors mount to North American 1-gang boxes, 3-1/2 inch or 4 inch octagon boxes, and to 4 inch square electrical boxes 1-1/2 inches (38 mm) deep. They mount to European BESA and 1-gang boxes with 60.3 mm fixing centers. See mounting base installation and wiring for more information.
12 months warranty